The final 6 months will be spent living in a simple home among the less-fortunate, serving with them and learning from them. On departure for field service, each intern will be given $50 to use wisely to alleviate suffering and empower the poor to meet their own needs.
Here's what you'll practice during these months
- Read and pray daily
- Exercise 3x a week
- Memorize Bible verses in Indonesian 15 minutes each day, 5 days a week
- Get up before 6:30 each day (naps encouraged)
- Serve the community 5x a week
- Help host family by cleaning, cooking, or washing
- Meet weekly with other believers for worship and study (may leave the community)
- Meet bi-weekly with mentor
- Read good books
- Limit internet to 30 minutes a day
- Write something bi-weekly for your internship blog
- Steward your "5 loaves"